Thursday 28 May 2015

Final Pieces

I decided that the painting process itself was a selfish thing for me! But I do think the rack is important so I am displaying it with the paintings still intact. I like the way you can trace the flow of paint still. I also wanted to display some of my favorite paintings.
I have put canvases in the window as I like the casual nature of that presentation and they stand out a little more than on a white wall and I think they look more impressive. Also the light highlights the holes in the canvases well,
I have a lot more photos of the process and videos that I haven't put on here but I think you get the idea. I decided against going with a video, partly because its not really a medium I am interested in working with and partly because I like having the real object present, I suppose I could have had both if I had redone the final presentation.

I restrung the machine as at first it was just an experiment but I decided I liked it and so classed it up a bit with some less noticeable wool. I didn't want the string to overtake the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment